The American Bakers Association has announced its 2015-2016 board of directors, voted on by ABA members during the organization’s 2015 convention in March. The new officers are as follows:
- Rich Scalise, chairman and CEO, Hearthside Food Solutions, ABA chairman.
- Fred Penny, president, Bimbo Bakeries USA, first vice chairman.
- Bradley K. Alexander, executive vice president and COO, Flowers Foods, second vice chairman.
- Erin Sharp, group vice president, manufacturing, The Kroger Co., treasurer.
- Howard R. “Robin” Alton III, president and CEO, Pan-O-Gold Baking Co., immediate past president.
Several new directors also joined the board:
- Peggy Lewis, executive vice president, Lewis Bakeries Inc., replaces longtime board member and past chairman R. Jack Lewis Jr., president, Lewis Bakeries.
- Tom McCurry, managing director and COO, Cain Food Industries Inc., is Allied Trades of the Baking Industry (ATBI) president, replacing former ATBI president Rick McGrath, partner, Lockton Companies.
- Audrey St. Onge, regional CA director, Safeway Inc., replaces Chad Coester, vice president of manufacturing sales and business development, Safeway.
- John Yamin, CEO, ARYZTA, joins the board.
To view the complete roster of ABA directors, visit americanbakers.org/about/board-of-directors