During the All Membership Meeting at the American Bakers Association (ABA) 2018 Convention yesterday, the ABA membership approved a new slate of officers for the 2018-2020 ABA Board of Directors.
The officers for the April 2018 - April 2020 ABA Board of Directors are:
- Erin Sharp, group vice president, manufacturing, The Kroger Co., will replace Fred Penny, president, Bimbo Bakeries USA, to serve as the ABA chair.
- Bradley K. Alexander, president, Fresh Packaged Bread Business Unit, Flowers Foods, will continue to serve as the first vice chair.
- Cordia Harrington, CEO, The Bakery Cos., will continue to serve as second vice chair.
- Brian LeComte, treasurer, Gold Medal Bakery, will replace Erin Sharp as treasurer.
- William Quigg, president, Richmond Baking, will serve as executive committee at-large member.
- Fred Penny will serve as immediate past chair, replacing Rich Scalise, chairman & CEO, Hearthside Food Solutions.
The Executive Committee at-large member is a position originating from the 2017 amendment to the ABA By-laws as a result of the merger agreement with the Biscuit & Cracker Manufacturers' Association (B&CMA). Luc Mongeau, president of Weston Foods, has also been welcomed as a new director for the Board.
“ABA looks forward to the leadership and guidance of the 2018-2020 Board of Directors,” said ABA president & CEO Robb MacKie. “These leaders serve as excellent ambassadors for both the association and the baking industry.”
To view the complete roster of the ABA Board of Directors, click here.