Here at Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery, we focus on developing a wide range of content related to snack and bakery industry trends, issues, ingredients, equipment, packaging, logistics and more throughout the year—information designed to help snack producers and bakeries succeed. Our perspectives, tempered with hard sales data from data partner IRI and rounded-out with insight from the likes of Mintel, The Hartman Group, University of Nebraska Food Allergy Research and Resource Program, Grain Foods Foundation, and more, go into every article we develop. We likewise continually seek insight from our industry supply chain, built to support snack and bakery businesses—the providers of ingredients, equipment, technology, etc.—as well as leading snack producers and bakers. Collectively, we put forth the final products for review. That’s what we do.
We then observe the results—how the visitors to www.snackandbakery.com engage with the fruits of our labor.
During 2015, we saw visitors from 195 countries visit www.snackandbakery.com, consulting our articles hundreds of thousands of times to learn more about the current state of snack and bakery, as well as insight into future directions for snacks and baked goods.
While all of the content that we put forth generates interest, some articles inevitably prove more popular than others, and often point to prevailing industry interests and trends. These are the select few that rose to the top—the top 10 most-read articles on www.snackandbakery.com during 2015:
- Best new snack & bakery products of 2015
- Extruded snack innovations
- 2015 Snack Producer of the Year: POP Gourmet’s explosive momentum
- Tortillas and tortilla chips get real
- Egg replacements to the rescue
- Natural chip leader Kettle Brand continues innovation
- Avian influenza’s impact on the bakery industry
- Clean labels, simple ingredients spur cookie and cracker sales
- Canyon Bakehouse redefines gluten-free
- Protein muscles its way into snacks