American Society of Baking invites the industry to BakingTech 2016
The American Society of Baking (ASB) invites leaders across the U.S. bakery industry to BakingTech 2016, taking place Feb. 28 through March 1 in Chicago. This year’s theme, “Growth Through Innovation,” challenges industry members to question innovations they’ve incorporated into their business to create growth in production, sales and, most importantly, profitability.
ASB BakingTech 2016 will feature multiple educational, business-development and networking opportunities, including:
- Industry keynote addresses by William Toler, president/CEO, Hostess Brands, and Kat Cole, group president, FOCUS Brands and former president of Cinnabon
- Presentations on innovation, industry trends, GMOs, partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs), leadership and nutrition
- Insight into how virtual reality opens the door to a new way of training, as well as to new ways to save time and increase effectiveness
- Networking in the opening reception, a new member welcome reception, a young professionals social event and luncheons
The ASB BakingTech MarketPlace also presents many opportunities to network with industry colleagues, suppliers and buyers. MarketPlace will take place all three days of the conference. Exhibitors will include a wide array of companies with the latest in products and services in the grain-based snack and bakery industry. For 2016, MarketPlace will take place in one 40,000-square-foot room. ASB will also feature conversation/networking lounges on the exhibit floor for non-booth personnel to network. To learn more about exhibiting in MarketPlace, visit www.asbe.org/marketplace2016.
Suppliers have much to gain by exhibiting at MarketPlace:
- Baking professionals view BakingTech as a leading source of education and purchasing information
- Reach an audience with buying power, with hundreds of baking professionals in attendance from across North America
- Interact with customers face-to-face at your tabletop
- Generate sales leads and promote brand awareness of your company
BakingTech 2015 was the inaugural year for two new programs introduced by ASB: the Product Development Competition and the Innovation Awards Program. Building on the success of both programs during their first year, ASB will sponsor the programs again during BakingTech 2016.
The purpose of ASB’s Product Development Competition is to facilitate the development of innovative bakery products for the wholesale manufacturing industry. Entries for the 2016 competition will be in the category of Breakfast Bakery Product. Finalists will present a 10-minute oral presentation during BakingTech, as well as present their product-development ideas in a poster sessions during MarketPlace. Winners will be announced during the closing session on Tuesday. For complete details on the Product Development Competition, visit www.asbe.org/pdc-main.
The Innovation Awards Program celebrates industry leaders and companies in the grain-based foods industry for their innovative development and implementation of leading-edge products, equipment design and advancements in ingredient technology. Finalists will be selected by the ASB MarketPlace committee in three categories: Health, Nutrition and Wellness; Eco Design; and Sustainable Technologies and Operational Excellence. ASB will feature award winners in the Innovation Showcase during the MarketPlace. For more information on the ASB Innovation Awards, visit www.asbe.org/innovationawardsmain.
To learn more about ASB BakingTech 2016 and to register, visit www.asbe.org/bakingtech2016.