Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery is proud to announce that it has named Enjoy Life Foods its 2017 “Bakery of the Year.” Enjoy Life Foods, with headquarters in Schiller Park, IL, is an independent subsidiary of Mondelēz International. Enjoy Life Foods is the top free-from bakery supplying gluten-free and allergen-free foods to the U.S. market and has seen significant growth since its founding in 2001.
Mondelēz acquired Enjoy Life Foods in February 2015. Then, in September 2016, Enjoy Life Foods opened the largest dedicated allergen-friendly bakery in the U.S. The 200,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art bakery is located in Jeffersonville, IN (Gray Construction has some additional information on the project). The facility is certified gluten-free and dedicated nut-free. Products made at the bakery do not contain milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat or soybeans.
The Enjoy Life Foods product lineup includes bars, cookies, snack mixes and chips. Recent new product launches include:
- ProBurst Bites, snack bites that include 7 grams of plant-based protein per serving, in flavors like Cinnamon Spice, Cranberry Orange, Mango Habanero and SunSeed Butter, made with a core ingredient base of chocolate, pumpkin and chia seeds, and rice protein
- Plentils, light, airy, crunchy lentil chips in Sea Salt, Margherita Pizza, Himalayan Pink Salt, Moroccan Spice, Dill & Sour Cream, Garlic & Parmesan and Thai Chili Lime
- Mini Cookies in Crunchy Chocolate Chip, Crunchy Sugar Crisp, Crunchy Double Chocolate, Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham, Soft Baked Chocolate Chip, Soft Baked Snickerdoodle and Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie
In March 2017, Enjoy Life Foods hit the road on a school bus tour that is visiting 32 cities over 28 weeks to promote its allergen-friendly product lines, sharing more than 600,000 complimentary, individually wrapped snacks, as well as coupons.
Complete coverage of Enjoy Life Foods, the 2017 “Bakery of the Year,” featuring an inside look at its new Jeffersonville, IN bakery, will run in the August issue of Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery magazine.
For more on Enjoy Life Foods, see:
- Enjoy Life Foods Plentils
- Enjoy Life Foods ProBurst Bites
- Enjoy Life Foods expands leadership in wake of strong growth
- Mondelēz acquires Enjoy Life Foods
- Cookie market: Enjoying gluten-free treats
- Baking treats the gluten-free way
- Video: Enjoy Life Foods