Harry & David's The Royal Touch desserts and sweet breads
Company: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
Introduced: May & June 2018
Suggested Retail Price: Varies
Product Snapshot: Just in time for the Royal Wedding, Harry & David has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with The Royal Touch to create a new collection of gourmet baked goods from Carolyn Robb, former personal chef to the British Royal Family. Through the agreement, consumers across the United States can get a taste of the same sweet and savory cakes, desserts and breads that Carolyn served to the Royal Family for 11 years – all from the comfort of their own home!
After spending more than a decade cooking in extraordinary palaces and castles around the globe, Carolyn has shared her culinary expertise exclusively with Harry & David to create this never-before-available assortment of extravagant delicacies—many of which were Royal Family favorites.
Three of the products launched in May 2018, including the Chocolate Biscuit Cake Prince William selected for his Groom’s Cake, with an additional four becoming available in early June.
The May 2018 products include:
- The Royal Touch Chocolate Biscuit Cake ($54.99) - Apricots, figs, pistachios and English biscuits are enrobed in premium chocolate combined with butter and honey. The cake is finished with dark chocolate ganache and decorated with malt balls and white chocolate curls.
- The Royal Touch Apple Blackberry Crumble ($34.99) - Fresh Granny Smith apples and Marionberries are baked to perfection and topped with a classic English crumble mix including pecans, rolled oats and cinnamon.
- The Royal Touch Savory Bread Duo ($29.99) - Two loaves of savory English quick breads with a biscuit-like texture; one loaf featuring cheddar cheese, chives, diced red onions, and sun-dried tomatoes, and the other featuring cheddar and feta cheeses, chives, garlic, and Kalamata olives.
The June 2018 products include:
- The Royal Touch Macadamia Salted Caramel Cake ($64.99) - Moist macadamia nut cake filled with rich vanilla butter cream and topped with a salted caramel glaze and caramelized salted macadamia nuts.
- The Royal Touch Chocolate Pear and Pistachio Slice ($49.99) - A dark chocolate shortbread base topped with pistachio and orange frangipane and Bartlett pears, decorated with dark chocolate drizzle.
- The Royal Touch Rocky Road Squares ($39.99) - Dark and white chocolate nuggets of Rocky Road include dried apricots and cranberries, pistachios and mini marshmallows atop a traditional English biscuit crust.
- The Royal Touch Mint Chocolate Cake ($69.99) - Rich, moist, dark chocolate cake filled with mint buttercream and topped with dark chocolate ganache.