Comax Flavors Classic Floral Collection
Company: Comax Flavors
Ingredient Snapshot: Comax Flavors is excited to release the Classic Floral Collection, the first flavor collection created in the new Comax NJ Innovation center. Floral flavors are blooming and making their way into a variety of food and beverages. According to Technavio, the global floral flavors market is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 10 percent during the period 2018-2022. Driven by the health and wellness trend, consumers continue to seek flavors inspired by nature and Comax predicts floral flavors will be the next generation of better-for-you products. To meet the demand, Comax created the Classic Floral range in six fragrant flavors: Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Lavender, Lilac, Orange Blossom and Rose. These classic floral flavors add unique and subtle floral nuances to a variety of applications and work best when combined with other flavors such as berry, sweet dairy or savory profiles. “Comax is excited to offer our customers this delicate and refreshing collection,” Catherine Armstrong, vice president of corporate communications for Comax Flavors.
- Honeysuckle: This scented floral features mild sweet, fruity, citrus and honey-like undertones. Honeysuckle blends well with fruit and dairy desserts as well as a background note for sweet sauces.
- Jasmine: This classic white floral is characterized by warm jasmine floral notes with mild fruity, rosy and tea-like undertones. Traditionally this flavor is used in beverages such as tea and savory Asian dishes.
- Lavender: This clean lavender floral features subtle hints of citrus, mint and peppery-like nuances. Lavender pairs well with berry flavors such as blueberry and spicy notes. It is often used in beverages, cream desserts and seafood dishes.
- Lilac: This green floral captures strong perfume like notes with sweet fruity and spicy nuances. Lilac is most commonly used in jams/jellies and as a background note in savory meat dishes.
- Orange Blossom: This sweet and sparkling floral flavor features citrus-fruity notes set against a perfumed landscape. Orange Blossom works well with savory meat dishes and traditional desserts like cakes, cookies and ice cream.
- Rose: This classic feminine flavor is characterized by deep floral rose notes with very subtle spicy nuances and honey accords. This versatile floral is typically used in beverages such as tea as well as syrups, jams, cakes, frostings and other sweet desserts.
For more information, visit Comax’s new website at https://www.comaxflavors.com.